Endocrine Sciences, a division of Esoterix and a member of the LabCorp Specialty Testing Group, is a research-quality reference laboratory specializing in highly specific and sensitive endocrine testing services. By maintaining our singular focus, we provide a unique service oriented to the distinct requirements of the practice of endocrinology. We are an industry leader in developing new, clinically relevant assays and establishing defined reference ranges for pediatric and adult patient populations. Our goal is to employ technology to provide useful clinical information—not just laboratory data—to positively impact patient care and the delivery of cost-effective medical treatment.
Since our inception in 1972, we have developed trusted relationships with clients who rely on our services daily. All laboratory testing is conducted by highly qualified professionals, specifically trained to provide knowledgeable, responsive attention to our clients’ needs. Our accessible staff scientists and physicians are available to provide technical consultation and assist with clinical evaluations.
Endocrine Sciences’ endocrinology services program includes:
- 60-day frozen serum and plasma specimen storage allowing for add-on or repeat testing up to 2 months after the original blood draw date
- Protocols to accommodate multiple specimens for stimulation testing and diagnostic profiles
- Quantitative specimen volume analysis performed prior to testing to ensure sufficient specimen volume
- Pediatric volumes available for many common tests
- Assays developed specifically to aid in the diagnosis of endocrine disorders common among pediatric patients
- Methodologies, such as HPLC/MS-MS, to measure low and abnormal hormone levels
- Some reference intervals are age-specific or by pubertal Tanner stages
- Processes, including extraction, to purify specimens prior to testing
- Direct access to scientific experts who specialize in endocrinology testing
- PhD-level scientists available to discuss assay methodologies
- MD-level consultations available to discuss patient cases
- Clinical trials support services, including protocol design, assay development, validation, and customization in numerous therapeutic areas. For more information visit our Endocrine Sciences Clinical Trials Support page.
Read more about our educational materials available in the Endocrinology Tools page.